Friday, July 5, 2013

Helping Insulin

Along with the insulin there are things you can do to help your dog and to help the insulin work better. The first thing you can do is to change their diet. I have done research online and there are a lot of different and often contradictory things out there.

1st, using a combination of dry/wet dog food with homemade food ensure your pet is eating and happy.

The dry and canned food I have found works is Merrick brand. I went with grain free because it seemed like the best option to me. There are several other brands that work so find one that your dog likes the best.

When it comes to homemade foods, there again is a lot out there. However, I had trouble finding recipes for different meals. Both of my small dogs love people food. There is a difference though in table scrapes and meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment