Friday, July 5, 2013

Chicken Liver Cake Treats

I found a recipe online for beef liver cake treats. However, when I went to Kroger, they don't carry beef liver. So I substituted beef liver for chicken livers and hearts.

Recipe:
1.25 to 1.5 pounds of fresh chicken liver and hearts
0.5 cups of wheat flour
2 eggs (no shells)
 
Mix into a blender. If possible mix everything all together in the blender. You can make them so the ingredients are more liquid and smooth, it also works if it is a little chunky. Spread into a brownie pan. Cook for 20 minutes on 350 degrees.

My blender wasn't working and even started smoking when I was trying to mix up all the ingredients. Luckily I was able to mix them fairly well. The mixture was still a little chunky but it turned out well. The dogs love them and so I count it as a success. Although, I will be getting a new blander soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment